Divergent Movie Review

"I want to be brave, and I want to be selfless, intelligent, and honest and kind. Well, I'm still working on kind..."
Hearing Four (Theo) say those words gave me goosebumps.

Like any booknerd I was excited and apprehensive for the movie. I had to watch it three times  in the cinema to determine how I felt about it. 

First time I had so much adrenaline running through me I would have passed Dauntless initiation flawlessly. Second time, I was in Erudite mode. I pretended I hadn't read the books to get a none bias gauge on the movie. Second time around I noticed there was a lot of conversation, most was necessary to set the foundation of the plot. Take three, the Candor in me decided I wanted to marry Theo James. Plus it was a good movie. 

From a bookworm point of view, the transition from the book to the movie was systemically bridged. As expected when a book is made into a movie, there will be tweaks. I felt the directors and producers were true to the book and brought the feel of the book to the big screen. Watching the movie three times had me appreciating the fine details I had forgotten in the book.

From a movie nerd point of view. There were some slow pockets in the movies. But still worth the watch.

I know I don't need to encourage initiates to watch the film but I would highly recommend others to watch this fictional dystopian society created by Veronica Roth. It is a gripping story that is balanced with intrigue and drama.


I give it an 7/10. 
Be brave and jump into the unknown with Tris.

Comments

Popular Posts