Favourite Book Turned Into A Movie

The transition from book to movie is very tricky. More often the movie falls shorts to the high expectations of the bookworms. But there are the rare adaptations that make up for all of them. Catching Fire being one. I must confess I have not read the Hunger Games series. But after watching it that was the consensus uttered amongst the tributes. 

For me there are three books turned to movie that I never get sick of watching.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen has won the gold medal for me. Any rendition of the novel always has be fangirling over Mr Darcy. 

Oh how I dream of walking in Elizabeth Bennet's muddy shoes. Oh how I could see myself speaking my mind in a manner that was not appropriate for that time. 

Doesn't matter who plays Mr Darcy weather it be Colin Firth or Matthew Macfadyen, my eyes glaze over when he enters a scene and my heart flutters...

"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you" - Mr Darcy


Jane Austen has done it again. She has won silver with Emma. I love the novel and adore the movie just as much. I don't think my dvd of Emma has ever been removed from my dvd player for some time. 

This light hearted story is a feel good tale and an easy watch. I love the scenery and costumes. Though I know it is a lot more brighter and cleaner than it would have really been in real life. I still love the fresh clean feel of Gwyneth Paltrows' version. 

"Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another" - Mr Knightley

Yes Mr Knightley I couldn't agree with you more.


Bronze has to got to go to Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. After my luke warm opinion of The DaVinci Code movie. I was pleasantly surprise how much I enjoyed the Angels and Demons movie. Though some aspects of the book didn't make it to screen the whole essence of the novel was there. The movie was just as gripping as the book. 

Adrenaline rushed through me as I watched the movie. I had followed the path to illumination when I had gone to Rome some years back. So the experience was enhanced for me as I visited the real places mentioned in the book, then saw it on the big screen. 

"Science tells me God must exist. My mind tells me I will never understand God. And my heart tells me I am not meant to" - Robert Langdon

What's your favourite book turned into a movie?


Comments

Popular Posts