If you could tell your younger self something what would it be?

If you could tell your younger self something what would it be?
If you could tell your younger self something what would it be?
Invest in Apple, Google-- *yawn* boring.

None of the above. It's simple.  Always be hungry. Never stop being curious.  Make mistakes. Mistakes are proof that you are trying.  Do what makes you happy.  Be the best you, you can be. Follow your heart, it wants what it wants.
In my early twenties I had an insatiable hunger to feed my curiosity. To pacify it, I bought a ticket to Italy and went on an adventure. I followed up after with a solo trip to France and London. It was a challenge I happily took. I was nervous and made plenty of mistakes along the journey and got lost many times, but intern I found me. It was a humbling experience that taught me many things about the world and myself. I really got to know me.
Some years later, that insatiable thirst which came with youth diminished. Responsibility, growing up, maturity; were words that surrounded me. Having turned 30 in 2013 I found the bucket list I wrote in my teens. The fire that was dormant for so long roared back to life. The touch of the notepad on which I penned my list, transported me back. Perhaps it's true 30 is the new 20.
I believe everything happens for a reason and in its own time. I had done the things I was meant to. Finish studying, found a job in my field, pay mortgage, buy a car, took care of my family, fell in and out of love. All of which I am very proud off. Every year is a merit badge I wear with pride.
Choices you can life with + Choices that feel right for you = No regrets. 
I don't believe in regret, and can honestly say hand on heart I regret nothing. My life took the course it did so I would become the person I needed to be today.
In my twenties I felt my possibilities were infinite. That feeling narrowed with age. But somehow my Peter Pan complex has resurfaced and the feeling of excitement has returned with more possibilities than ever. Mortality is my constant companion who reminds me we are fleeting energies in this realm. Opportunities haven't dwindled with time, I changed. I have never felt more free than I do now.
If I could tell my younger self something I would say--thank you. Thank you for taking the wrong turns, for making those mistakes, for loving like you were never hurt, for reminding me I can get up from every fall and to follow my heart.
Do whatever makes your heart skip a beat and whatever makes it feel full.
To live will be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

I've been very lucky to embark on some great adventures and humbled by all of my experiences. All photos are my own. *Wallpaper is designed by me with my own images inside the frames. Check out some of my adventures here.

What's on your bucket list?

Comments

Popular Posts