Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter Review


Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter is the second instalment following The Goddess Test. I have to say, I enjoyed this book more than the first. I thoroughly enjoyed the twist Carter did on the original stories.

She portrays Hades as a polar opposite to what the myths have portrayed him. I also enjoyed how she tied Persephone into the story. Making her a strong willed women that stood her ground and followed her heart.  Calliope is great again, as the villain. Carter has also made me see the opposite side of the spectrum to why she could be so vindictive. At times tugging my heart to emphasise with the queen.

I would recommend to read the first instalment before this one. Otherwise reading this before the first would be like running before walking. I have to admit I was a little thrown off with the ending. Just as I was with the Twilight series. As I read the last page of the book. I was at a cross road. I didn't know if I loved it or hated it. Maybe it is because I am jealous. Well I guess life isn't always fair even for the Gods so it seems ;)

Thanks Carter for making me fall in love with Hades again. How can any mortal man compare to the King of the Underworld? I am still waiting for a chance encounter with a mysterious stranger in the woods in hopes it will be him. Cannot wait to see him again. 

Also read my review of The Goddess Test, the first instalment.
Love historical fiction? Check out the Goddess of Spring.


Comments

Popular Posts